Thursday, January 2, 2014

Last day in 2013

My last day in 2013 was very well spent, so to speak. Just thought I'm gonna share with you some of my last moments in 2013 in this post. My bff, Devina, finally went back to Semarang. We haven't met each other for 2 years!



It's funny and good at the same time that even though we all are now in different schools and haven't met each other for so long, we still are very close to each other. There's never a time when we have nothing to talk about (or gossip about!). My stomach hurts because of laughing too hard every time I'm with these people.

We decided to try out the recently opened photo booth (or more like I dragged them inside). Some of them turns out really blurry and these are the not-so-crappy ones.

In the evening, me and my family went to a New Year service in our church.

The guest of honor, Mr. Jeffry S. Tjandra


No New Year's Eve is complete without FIREWORKS!

Osa. A bestfriend of mine since we were 2 or 3 years old. How could we ever separate, we can't.

Floren. And one lovely young lady that photobombed us.


Verse of the year:
"The LORD will surely save me; so we will play my songs on stringed instruments all the days of our life at the house of the LORD." - Isaiah 38:20

In every end of year some of us often said to ourselves, "This year is not my year. I hope next year will be better." But I just want to remind everyone that your life is now, this moment, not next month or next year. Rather than waiting for the year to change, why not change ourselves now. Every breath is a second chance. A new year to me only signifies a change in number. Same as a new hour, a new day and a new month. What matters the most is our change in attitude. Rather than expecting for the years to 'be-a-nice-year-to-me', I hope than we can grow to become a better and more mature person in facing every obstacles and challenges that we have in 2014. Happy New Year!
 

6 comments:

  1. First of all I want to say awesome blog! I had a
    quick question in which I'd like to ask if you don't mind.
    I was interested to find out how you center yourself and clear your head prior to writing.
    I have had a difficult time clearing my mind in getting my thoughts
    out. I truly do take pleasure in writing but it just seems
    like the first 10 to 15 minutes are generally lost simply just trying to figure out how to begin.
    Any recommendations or tips? Many thanks!

    my webpage :: http://simpsonstappedoutcheatshack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I may not be the best person to ask about this as my blog still needs a looot of improvement and sometimes I still find my own writings a bit awkward too. HAHA. I know how annoying it can be especially when you can't find the right way to start a blog post. I still experience it pretty often too! Yes, the starting is always the most difficult part. Luckily, it always gets easier after that. Anyway, here are what work for me:
      1. Play music that can support your thinking process. It's different for everyone. Some people might even prefer writing without any noise at all. Personally, I like to play music from 8tracks or Soundcloud (you can check my monthly favorites playlist if you'd like some suggestions). Those types of music really soothe my brain and help me to calm down, and think. If you're the type who requires utter silence in order to get your brain working, find a perfect place to write! Or buy an ear plug or download some white noise mp3s to create a favorable environment for your writing.
      2. Think of your readers as your close friends. How would you start a conversation with them? Are you the type who likes to jump around the circle or are you more of the calmer type? Be honest and be yourself. That's very important yet I'm still struggling to do that. Reading too many blogs have kinda influenced my way of speaking that I began to start some posts the same way as my favorite bloggers like to do! I think the best way to show your original, unique side in your writing is by writing spontaneously; don't think to much. When you saw your best friend in a grocery store, you won't spend 10-15 minutes just thinking about how to start a conversation with them, right? :) Technically, starting a blog post should've been easier because it doesn't require proper greetings like "hey, wassup?" or whatsoever. You just say out whatever pops in your mind.
      From being in this blog-sphere for 2 years I've personally learned that my mind works best when it's not being pressurized to work too hard. I always remind myself that my main reason to start blogging is because I want to get some fun out of it, although I do hope that some readers will find interest in the stuff that I write. Practice more because practice makes perfect, as cliché as it sounds. :p

      Delete
  2. Great post! I loved all the pictures and your dress :D

    Happy New Year!

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely dress and pretty you! :D
    Ah, I'm your new follower, would you like to follow each other, dear? let me know, okay? :D

    nunkhalida.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yes, sure! I've followed your blog and really love it! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...